Wednesday, November 10, 2010

motivation of the heart

"Do not let the endless succession of small things crowd great ideals out of sight and out of mind." - Charlotte Mason

He quickly slips beside me just in time for the second verse of "For the Beauty." In his loud, little boy whisper, he says, "I need to tell my Mom something." Soon, I find him in the hall crying to her. Tears of frustration stream down freckled cheeks and I grab his hand, pleading him to join us. He squeezes hard. She kisses him and tries to go. Kisses again, and heads out the door - heart heavy but confident.
Another kind peer reads Psalm 9 to their hungry hearts and I take him. We sit and I listen. Hopes and disappointment come pouring forth through blurry little eyes. I listen and love, encourage and pray. This is the Father's love, pouring forth through my weak soul. His tender heart is comforted and we return with a fresh start to anxious faces eager to learn.
After school, she find me. With heartfelt embrace, she utters, "You have no idea how much this means to me. Someday, when he gets married, I want for you to be there."
My heart soars at the thought. A little boy will one day be a man. The sacred privilege sobers and encourages.

No comments:

Post a Comment