Friday, September 7, 2007

Not Yet

My doctor put her foot down yesterday, and said "no." I cried, even though I understood her reasoning. I am 38 weeks today, and the medical standards say that the earliest a doctor should electively take a baby out is at 38 weeks and 5 days. I can bear the discomfort of sciatica and general 'heaviness' for another week if that is what is best for this little one. My main concern was that I really wanted to insure that my doctor would be the one performing this difficult fourth c-section. If I go into labor this weekend, it will not be her.

I feel like such a whiney baby.

By next Thursday, this child will be here and all that matters is that she is healthy. Please pray for me that I will make it that long, and that the surgery would go smoothly. And, especially pray for the health of this sweet little one.

It is times like this when I must live like I believe. I am seeking to rest in His sovereignty above all else. He has never done me wrong, for he can not. It is so good to be His.

7 comments:

  1. Precious friend- I am praying for you, your children (all four!) and your sweet husband. I pray that these final days of anticipation will be filled with joy and peace. I look forward to seeing her beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra,
    I'm so sorry that you have to wait. God's timing is right, and if you go this weekend, know that He hand-picked the time for wee new babe to be born before the foundation of the earth. Hang in there. Soon. Very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kendra- i have so enjoyed your blog and wanted to encourage you in your waiting. i was on bedrest with my children- had 2 preemies (one is a month old now) and one full term. i know how uncomfortable it is to be pregnant at the end. i am praying for you and your family during the waiting. a week sounds so long when you're pregnant, but it will be sooner than you think. -laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I join with Paula in praying joy and peace for you. Rest just a few more days. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendra, you are not a whiney baby!! It is understandable, I know many of us have been there!! Those last few days are so hard. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is the excitement of knowing she is so close to being here that brings the tears. I know you can tough out the pain and discomfort, but I also know the wanting, too. Praying for your patience, your peace, your strength. Can't wait to see the joyful news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You WILL make it! Hold on! Every single day your baby girl gets to be inside you is the best for her.

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete