Thursday, March 29, 2007

Birthday preparations

Tomorrow, Princess Tigerlily (who has now decided that she's Wendy) will be celebrating her seventh birthday. This week has been a busy one for me as I'm finally rounding the corner from my first trimester sickness and the house was waaaayy behind! So, the house is cleaner, the cupcakes are baked (from scratch - of course :), and the games have been prepared.
The birthday girl has chosen a, you guessed it, Peter Pan theme to her party. So, we'll be playing Pin the Shadow on Peter, Capture the Croc, and Tigerlily's Escape. It should be a fun time. I'll post pics over the weekend.
Tonight, I'll tell my eldest the story of her birth - seven whole years ago. Time goes by so quickly. God is so good.

5 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful celebration tomorrow! Sounds like it will be a memorable time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra,
    I love the birth story part the best. One each child's birthday, we drag out "their" scrapbook, and look at the pictures of their life. We talk about the day they were born, etc. They never tire of this. My oldest will be 16 next month, and he still enjoys this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, happy birthday, Miss Seven-Year-Old! I hope it's a wonderful party! The theme and games sound great!
    Kendra, I wanted to address what you wrote on my post - as far as I understand it, grace (to me) is receiving something you don't deserve such as...mercy! :) I think they go hand in hand, yes? Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday sweet girl!! Y'all have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, time does go by so quickly! It does not feel like seven years ago that you called me and told me you were pregnant or that I saw her in the hospital. Wow, I realize I am going to have to relish every moment of Annika's childhood. I hope she has a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete