Monday, December 18, 2006

Whatta weekend

Friday night was West's company Christmas dinner at Ruth's Chris - yummy.

Saturday was my birthday and my dear, sweet mother threw me a birthday luncheon with all of the ladies in our family and several of my friends. My Mom prepared a delicious lunch at elegantly set tables. It was very nice. I am so thankful to have so many wonderful people in my life, God has been very good.

Saturday evening was an Advent hymnsing at the home of some of our dear friends. Many people gathered to indulge in a lovely spread of sweets. The children helped themselves to bowl after bowl of popcorn and glass after glass of lemonade as they joyfully entertained themselves in the backyard. We also had a time together in the living room of scripture reading and hymn singing. The children all participated and everyone enjoyed it very much. This is such a sweet time of year to focus on God's goodness through the friends he has given us, and most of all through his gift of salvation through his Son.

Sunday, we attended church in the am. And, attended our church's Christmas party in the pm. It was a nice dinner at a local country club, they even hired a harpist to play which was quite lovely. We are so thankful to be a part of a vibrant church plant in our community, and for the many friendships that we are forming as a result.

So, despite the busy-ness, I did manage to enjoy myself quite a bit. Sorry for the previously grumpy post, I guess I was having a stressful day or something.

This really is such a sweet time of the year. May God be glorified with each day of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment