Friday, December 22, 2006

Glad tidings

When I have a long, quite moment to reflect upon my salvation I am often moved to tears over the profound truth that I am a child of the King over all the Earth. It is so easy, in our culture to feel humbled by our ordinariness. Especially with all of the media images of astoundingly beautiful people that we are bombarded with on a daily basis. However, despite our circumstances, we are far from ordinary. As children of the Most High, our calling is that of a royal child, full of both privileges and demands which other children are exempt from. Our training is strict, and our eyes are focused, but through it all, there is a blessed sweetness in knowing that "he rescued me, because he delighted in me" (Ps. 18:19) As we ponder the miracle of the very son of God leaving his glorious throne room to enter this world in the most ordinary of ways, may we delight in knowing that we delight him.

It is with these thoughts that I am able to joyfully wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment