Thursday, November 30, 2006

Schools

Today a friend of mine came over to discuss the possibility of starting a University Model School
in our area. I have always felt that it was crazy for a five year old to be in a classroom twice as long as most college students each day. This is one reason why I homeschool. So, naturally a UMS sounds like the best of both worlds. My children would have the opportunity to learn from another teacher and participate in a classroom while still getting plenty of time in a normal setting at home with parents who love them.
Well, although it does sound like the best of both worlds, I can't help but feel that God has called me to the homeschooling world. As scary as it may be at times to imagine how I will manage it for years down the road, it is rather invigorating to walk along the edge with the Lord. And to allow him to direct my feet along a path that I cannot fully see, but I trust that he is good.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a lovely mom, Kendra. I am so glad the Lord given you a heart for homeschooling, and I am overjoyed to be a friend walking along beside you!

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete