Friday, October 29, 2010

Blink

I walk past the glassed-in childcare room at the Y and choke back tears as I exit alone. Only last year, my little two would come here with me daily - and we would leave together with the day ahead of us. Right now, it is evening. They are asleep in their beds, and I am alone - sneaking away for a quick rush of good endorphins to soothe my anxious heart.

All I did was blink.
And those days are gone. Memories.

The Lord has called me to a new stage, one he has been equipping me for - one that he is equipping me through. I am a working mother.

I didn't really want this. But, He wanted it for me. I only applied for a part time job - maybe a teacher's aide. But, he knew that I needed to be immersed. He knew how I needed to grow. He knew which child needed me most right now.

And so, here I am. Teacher to ten beautiful second graders (one of whom is my own beloved child) in the most incredible school that I could ever hope for. My children are thriving, my husband is growing stronger, and I am growing up in Him.

He didn't design this life to be simple, as in easy. But, he did make it simple to follow him - one day at a time, one step at a time, one breath at a time - ever listening for that still, small voice that whispers, "I am with you."

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you here again! I would love to hear more about your new school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda, it's good to be back :) Keep checking in; I'll be writing lots about school.

    ReplyDelete