Friday, August 3, 2007

just thinking...

With five weeks to go, it's really starting to hit me that very soon I will be the mother of four small people. I will have a 7, (almost)5, 2 and new-year-old to love and teach. I am certainly excited about this new little body separating from mine because it will fell good to not be pregnant anymore, and because I really look forward to holding her little body. But, there will be all new challenges for this Mama who already struggles with leaving the house with my three. I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever get out again.

I guess, in a way, I 'm preparing myself for a year or two of pretty much staying close to home while finding creative ways to complete the tasks and errands that my husband depends on me for. I hardly remember Ma ever leaving the house, she kept herself quite busy right there. Now, if only my Laura and Mary could walk into town for me : )

I'm certainly not complaining, for I have yet to experience greater joy than the joy of adding to our family. Watching relationships form between my children, and developing my own bond with this little one are certainly things to enjoy in all their sweetness. I suppose I am just a bit anxious, anxious to see what this will really look like. And, excited to see how He will carry me through it.

3 comments:

  1. I understand that, Kendra.
    When I had #4, I really learned to just surrender to all you talked about.
    But...it's so freeing.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started leaving home a lot less once I had 3. I'm sure w/4, it would be even harder.

    I love that you remember your mom always being home. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been told by ladies with large families, that once you can handle 3 you can handle 4, 5, 6...

    I have 3 and am hoping for 4 soon, so I guess we'll see!

    How exciting for you!!

    ReplyDelete